Author Topic: GM Wiring  (Read 771 times)

Matthew

• Administrator
GM Wiring
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:28:37 PM »
I'm just going to share a little experience from this week with you guys because you might get a chuckle out of it. I had a supercharged 05 Chevy SSR in the shop, which is a really cool vehicle by the way, but it ended up staying overnight because the guys who brought it could not pick it up right after the dyno. When we went to start it the next morning, the battery was stone cold dead, and the Chevy guys looked at me and said "if you don't park them in reverse, they kill the battery".

So I put the charger on the truck and some of the electrical system came back to life, such as the exterior lights and dash, but the power windows and locks were disabled and the vehicle would not crank. I went to the internet and found a guy with the same problem on SSR Fanatic who said that he had taken his to the dealer and they disconnected the radio, then everything came back to life. It sounded pretty far out, but we pulled the radio fuse, and lo and behold everything came back on and the truck started right back up (with the battery charger).

Is it wrong of me to get a laugh out of this at the expense of the Chevy guys?

-Matthew

PurEvil

• Stock Is Not an Option
Re: GM Wiring
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
I know I had a lot of problems with my 05 Sierra going dead within a few days after I had the remote starter put in. Drove me nuts..
89 Mustang GT

Enjay

• Autowrath
Re: GM Wiring
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 11:14:56 PM »
Very strange way to get a vehicle started indeed.  I heard when you're ready to start your new Corvette you have to go through this routine...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooM-RGUTe2E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooM-RGUTe2E</a>
WMS 408 Engine Swap
'88 Mustang GT Widebody (Autowrath MkIII)
'08 Escape V6 4WD
'11 Ranger FX4 Offroad

dman64

GM Wiring
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 09:57:59 PM »
That's funny. My friend has a couple vettes and he has to start them or keep the battery tenders going or it will drain his battery within 3 weeks. I'll have to mention the radio and reverse deal and see what he says.

Darcy